10.20.2005

oh my i do so love you

Yes claire i do love you. In spite of the last two days. truly I do. It's called unconditional love. Really. I hope one day you will demonstrate it to me when I pick you at school in my snowman pajama pants, soccer tshirt and fuzzy bunny slippers. Or when I try to act cool around your friends and you just want the floor to open up and swallow you. I know. But yes, it's going to happen..be ready.

So here's a rundown of yesterday's events.

1. Preparing to go to the firestation tour, I did just as my mommy taught me and went upstairs to pee before leaving. You all do it too don't you? I bet you do..at least since you've had kids. Just can't tote it like a camel anymore. So while I'm upstairs for all of 45 seconds I hear a door click. I think to myself..surely not! I hurry downstairs to and look out the front door. Lo and behold Claire is on the front porch on her little ride-along. But hey she put Lauren's bike helmet on first..that counts for something right? Lord give me strength.

2. So later she moseys into the kitchen while I'm in the living room with Lauren and Maggie. I follow her in and find her opening the cabinet under the sink. You know the one you keep your spic n span or whatever you clean with in?? Yeah. So now I'm either going to have to put child locks on it or move it all higher. It was never an issue with Lauren. 2 reasons..1. she actually listened when I said no..and 2. it was a lot easier to keep up with 1 kid compared to two and a puppy. Live and learn right?

On to today.

For the last few weeks I've noticed that the river rocks in my ficus tree pot have been disappearing. However there has been no telltale dirt or any true evidence..just looks like more soil is showing. I assumed Claire had been shifting them around or something. I put them there years ago to keep the cats (then kittens) from thinking it was a litterbox with scenery. All had been well til recently. So when I walked by today I looked and in the little spout thing (it's the kind you fill the bottom with water and it waters itself..simply because it's the only way i can keep a plant alive..watering once every 2 weeks or so) there was a rock sticking out. So I stick my finger in there and find the motherload of rocks. It was teeming with them. So while I'm digging them out and scratching my hand up I'm glaring at Claire who simply pretends that I don't exist at the moment and she has no idea how they got in there!

How this child thinks up the things she does I'll never know. They are certainly different kids with totally different thought processes. Lauren is the typical older child. Reserved, cautious in spite of being funny and outgoing. Claire is the typical second child, never says no to adventure..especially when it involves climbing. She is always into something and looking to figure things out..ie doors opening, rock jamming. Yet they are both hilarious and absolutely awesome together. They love one another, welcoming each others differences even embracing them. I'm scared to think of the future with the two of them working together. Milt and I will never be able to keep up at this rate. Lord help us through the teen years!!

(I'm not even going to mention the bathtub incident of last night...but I will say I got at least 20 new gray hairs from it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home