10.13.2005

NO!

So I used to think I said No a lot. Really. I did. I mean I have an 18 month old and a 3.5 year old..it was a legitimate thought. But then Maggie came along. I've said no in the last 6 days more than I've said it in the last year. No lie. Not that I've counted or anything..but I know it's close. Maggie NO. Maggie NO. NO Maggie. Then I find myself trying to reason with her. Serious Maggie...I meant NO. Really..why can't you just listen?? Ok now logic tells me she's 8 weeks old and really is just learning the word no and that if she doesn't listen she'll get consequences...mostly the object taken from her mouth. Cause that's almost always what she is doing..munching on toys. But good grief...it's hard to remember this when she's chewing Micheal of the Little People family and Claire is shrieking terrified. I think she's thinking, "If she'll eat Micheal it might be ME next!!" And sadly trying to reason with Claire is close to reasoning with Maggie.

Oh and now the ones who told me it'll get better with the sleep each night, (Which by the way it hasn't been great) have changed their tune. Now it's "Oh once you get past the first year it's not bad at all." Great..51 weeks and counting..woohoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home